About Carol Todd
October 10, 2012 is a day that Carol will not forget. It was the day that her daughter Amanda took her own life by suicide.
Through the pain of losing her daughter, Carol has taken a stand and shared Amanda’s story with not only her community but the world. Little did she know she would soon be thrust in to the spotlight as a global advocate sharing the voice of her daughter and increasing awareness of bullying, cyber abuse, internet safety, mental health and now more recently, gender based cyberviolence.
Amanda started a conversation and brought to the world’s attention the serious consequences of the serious issues mentioned.
Carol has made it her goal to continue the conversation and to get others engaged into the conversations. Amanda had a dream of helping kids stay strong, and through Carol’s efforts in creating The Amanda Todd Legacy Society this dream has become a reality.
- 2015 Oct - In Memory of Amanda: World Mental Health Day
- 2016 May - TedxTalk - Beyond the Four Walls: discovering your inner strength
- 2017 Nov - Walrus Talk - Finding belonging in vulnerabiity
- 2017 March - Vriendin Magazine (Amsterdam)
- 2018 Jun - #WEriseabove Cyberbullying - WE DAY TELUS -
- 2020 Oct - Teen Mental Health gets boost from Carol Todd in Support of World Mental Health Day