- Child Help Line International - click on link to find a child help line anywhere in the world
- 7cups (online) - free, anonymous and confidential online text chat with trained listeners, online therapists & counsellors
- Bean Bag Chat (Canada - Toronto) - a place for people to receive the support they need online. Currently available to young adults (aged 16-29)
- Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime - Call 1-877-232-2610 or TEXT to 613-208-0747
- Crisis Services Canada (Call + Chat + Text) - Suicide Prevention and Support
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone - TEXT to 686868 (24/7)
- Cybertips (Canada) - to report the online sexual exploitation of children
- Kids Help Phone (Canada) - Call 1-800-668-6868 - phone and web chat
- LGBT Youth Line (Canada - Ontario) - toll-free Ontario-wide peer-support phone line - 1-800-268-9688 - phone, text and web chat for lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, queer and questioning young people
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team (Canada - Nova Scotia) - Call 902-429-8167
- Youth in BC (Canada - BC) - is a chat online resource where youth who need assistance can get help by having a real-time online chat (every day noon – 1am) with a trained volunteer. You can also get email support from the Crisis Centre’s professional staff by emailing – email@example.com
- YouthSpace.ca (Canada) - online and text chat
- 121help.me (USA) is a program of the North American Alliance of Child Helplines (NAACH). The goal of the program is to create universal crisis portals for children/youth, both on the phone and on-line, as mechanisms to reach qualified, professional crisis counselors 24/7
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: provides resources for survivors of suicide loss and people at risk - www.afsp.org
- Boys Town National Hotline (USA) - open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is staffed by specially trained Boys Town counsellors It is accredited by the American Association of Suicidiology (AAS). Spanish-speaking counsellors and translation services representing more than 140 languages are available, along with a TDD line (1-800-448-1833), that allows counselors to communicate with speech-impaired and deaf callers.
- Childhelp (USA) - prevention and treatment of Child Abuse - 1-800-422-4453
- Crisis Text Line (USA) - Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained Crisis Counsellor
- Georgia Crisis and Access Line (USA) - Individuals who exhibit signs of suicide or identify signs of suicide in others can call the at 1-800-715-4225, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are free and confidential.
- Grace and Brian Loncar Foundation: to help teenagers and families to minimize loss and suffering from youth mental health illness and suicide = www.graceloncarfoundation.org
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Resources and information for people and families affected by mental illness at www.nami.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA) - 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) or TEXT TO "HOME" to Crisis Text Line at 741741. Confidential online chat is also available at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- NorthStar/North Texas Behavioural Health Authority: 24 hour crisis hotline ~ 1-866-26--8000 or go to www.ntbha.org
- Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas: Call the 24 hour hotline at 214-828-1000 to speak to a trained counselor or go to www.sccenter.org
- Text4Life (USA) - suicide prevention resource for residents in Minnesota funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- The Trevor Project (USA) - Trevor Chat + TrevorLifeline + TrevorText + TrevorSpace + Trevor Support Centre - providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- Alcohol Drug Help (open 24/7) - 0800 787 797. You can also text 8691 for free.
- Depression Helpline (open 24/7) - 0800 111 757
- Healthline (open 24/7) - 0800 611 116
- Kids Helpline (Australia) - Call 1800-551-800 - phone, email and live WebChat - free and confidential counselling service (ages 5-25)
- Kidsline (open 24/7) - 0800 543 754. This service is for children aged 5 to 18. Those who ring between 4pm and 9pm on weekdays will speak to a Kidsline buddy. These are specially trained teenage telephone counsellors.
- Lifeline (Australia) - Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention - Call 13 11 14
- Lifeline (open 24/7) - 0800 543 354
- Samaritans (open 24/7) - 0800 726 666
- Suicide Call Back Service (Australia) - 1300 659 467
- Suicide Crisis Helpline (open 24/7) - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.
- Youthline (open 24/7) - 0800 376 633. You can also text 234 for free between 8am and midnight, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
0800 WHATSUP children's helpline - phone 0800 9428 787 between 1pm and 10pm on weekdays and from 3pm to 10pm on weekends. Online chat is available from 7pm to 10pm every day.
- Your local Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP)
- For further information, contact the Mental Health Foundation's free Resource and Information Service (09 623 4812)